Monday, January 10, 2011

I finally caught up with The Social Network this past weekend and enjoyed it a great deal. I don't have much to add about it that has not been stated better in many other places. It's not my favorite film of the year (I have not seen True Grit yet, so The King's Speech is currently my favorite), but I would not object to seeing it on anyone's list.

My mom saw it back in October when it was first released and aside from strongly recommending it to me, felt compelled to tell me just how much the main character reminded her of me. I asked why and she said it was due to the fact that I am a computer guy and that I (in her eyes) have a fast mind with creative ideas. I took it as a compliment.

After seeing the movie and knowing my mother is plenty sharp, I am starting to wonder how much of a compliment it was. Perhaps a backhanded one, kind of like telling a woman she dresses up pretty nice for a fat girl. It confuses me.

No comments: