Wednesday, May 04, 2011

I've restarted my bike commuting and it is as fun as ever. I'd happily do it every day of the year, but the bike trails become ski trails and a snow bike becomes a necessity for 5 months. I haven't quite determined whether I want to make that purchase or not. If I had more room for a 3rd bike I suspect I'd jump on it.

I guess it is spring these days, though riding in at 26 degrees is a touch chilly. Riding home at 50 degrees in the same day is much nicer.

Riding in this morning in a 36 degree drizzle makes for a pretty filthy mud streak from my back to my ankles. My Chrome bag is pretty filthy right now and it is making me realize that I have never washed the thing. It is well over 8 years old and has who knows how many hours and miles on it. It's a trooper and I should probably show it some love. I'm guessing some oxy clean and a hand washing in the sink will do the trick. The bag seems like it will easily last another 10 years, if not longer. Chrome makes great stuff.

No comments: