Friday, May 20, 2011

Today is the culmination of Bike To Work week here in Anchorage (and in most cities I suspect). There are a total of 9 people at my gig that participated and we were lucky enough to receive t-shirts from the city (about a third of participants randomly get chosen for these freebies).

Given that today is the big, final day, the bike trails and major intersections become littered with the occasional comfort station. Most of these have free water, a cookie, or maybe some coffee. I gather that most of these were up and running by 6:45-7am, which is unfortunate because I am at work by 6:30. I can live without a free bottle of water, but it is harder to know that I missed this stop on my commuting route:

This year we are very excited to bring back the popular BCA Bacon Station. You can find us on the Chester Creek trail in the park just east of the tunnel under the Seward Highway. We’d like to thank Spenard Roadhouse for donating the bacon, Raven’s Brew Coffee for the coffee and Great Harvest Bread for the cookies!

No comments: